One of my favorite desserts to bake, eat, and share during the fall season is a pumpkin roll. It’s so easy, quick, pretty, and delicious. Especially after it’s been in the fridge for a while and the cream cheese filling tastes like cheesecake… yum. It’s such a great recipe to bring to parties or events!
My family has been using this recipe for many years. My mom would make it when we were little, then my older sister took over when she was in her early teens, and then in the recent years I’ve been the pumpkin roll maker. 🙂 Enjoy this scrumptious recipe!
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and spices in a large bowl using a whisk. Make a well in the center and add eggs and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Grease pan with butter or oil, then pour batter in 13 x 9 cookie sheet. Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until cake has pulled away from sides and is starting to brown.
- While baking, make filling by mixing cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Place a towel on the counter and liberally sprinkle powdered sugar on it. Place cake on towel and carefully roll in towel and leave for 5 minutes. Roll out, spread cream filling on cake. Roll cake again.
- Store in refrigerator.