Happy Monday! Pear muffins. Perfect for that morning sweet tooth. It’s gluten free, and you can also easily make it vegan by replacing the egg with a chia seed one. (Recipe for chia egg here.) This was a super moist, softly spiced, and perfectly sweetened muffin. Overall pear deliciousness. 😉
On a side note, I’ve been having a really hard time editing my pictures since Snapseed changed. Anyone have any suggestions for a good food photo editing app?
- 2¼ cups oats
- 1 cup pureed pears (about 2 pears)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tbsp coconut oil*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin or apple pie spice
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan.
- Blend oats in blender until very fine flour consistency and set aside.
- Core and chop pears; puree in a food processor or high speed blender and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg and lightly beat before mixing in the pureed pears, applesauce, sugar, vanilla, and oil.
- Add just-made oat flour, cinnamon, spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold to combine well.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin pan cups and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy!
Thanks for visiting Will Bake for Books!