Happy Monday! Some call it Russian Tea Cakes, like me, but these classic cookies are also known as Mexican Wedding Cakes and Snowball Cookies. However your name preference, these cookies are a must for us this time of year. They melt in your mouth, have the perfect sweetness to satisfy, and are just all around yum. This is a classic recipe for these cookies, but if you’re looking for something different check out these Green Tea Coconut Russian Tea Cakes I made last year. 🙂
I made these earlier than usual this year because my little sister Mia had a craving for them. She hates nuts, but LOVES Russian Tea Cakes. Probably because you get the flavor of pecans and walnuts, but they’re not huge chunks or anything. Not a lot of people use anything other than pecans, but I love using a mix. I made these within 20 minutes- it was so fast. And they’re ready to eat almost immediately after they get out of the oven! So, so good.Unfortunately I haven’t been that pro-active with my blog and recipe developing. So because of that, and the fact that lately the sun has been setting at 4 pm (UGHHH!!!!), these pictures came out a bit blurry and under-lighted. Sorry guys! I hope you can get the idea though. I really want to thank all my followers for sticking with me even though I haven’t been consistent. I truly appreciate it, you don’t even know. I love you all! ♥
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 TB all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 TB of powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter with ¼ cup of powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix in the flour, nuts, and salt. Roll about 1 tablespoon or so of dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until set, about 8-10 minutes. It's better to undercook them than to overcook them! While cookies are still hot, roll them in powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Thanks for visiting my blog! ♥