Is it too soon to use “Merry Christmas” as a greeting?! Because I’ve really been feeling the holiday spirit lately. Last night my mom, grandma, sister Serena and I went to our local outdoor mall because they were having an ice sculpture display. Oh my gosh, there was everything from a gorgeous angel, teddy bear, and life-size hockey player to a 9-foot tall Olaf from Frozen, bean bag toss and mini golf games made entirely from ice!! It was amazing! Tonight we’re probably going to head downtown and maybe do a little more shopping and enjoy the lights of the city. What are some of your pre-holiday plans? What has made you more into the Christmas spirit lately? 🙂
One of my FAVORITE things about Christmas time is the cookies! Oh my, I could go crazy on those Christmas sugar cookies. I’ll probably be sharing my favorite recipe next week so if you’re looking for one, stay tuned. BUT the bad thing is all the pounds that can easily be put on during this time, so I’ve joined MyFitnessPal just to be aware of what/how much I’m eating. It has been beyond helpful. I’ve lost 5 pounds so far and I’m planning on losing about 10 more. Sure, it’s a little difficult during this time of sugary treats as I have a very bad sweet tooth and I bake a LOT (obviously 😉 ) but recipes like these chocolate “candies” certainly make it easier! One of these truffles is only 76 calories, and it’s so rich and decadent that one is all I need to satisfy my sweet tooth! I’ve been losing pounds AND eating a truffle a day! Is this real life?! I guess it’s all about moderation.
These white chocolate lemon truffles are SO easy to make and I literally made them within 10 minutes, not counting the refrigerator time. They melt in your mouth and the bite from the lemon evens out the sweetness from the white chocolate. You can store them in the fridge for up to a week, or keep them in the freezer in a plastic bag for whenever that sweet tooth comes knocking! My grandma and sisters gave their seal of approval. 🙂 If you like white chocolate, you should definitely try this recipe. If you like lemon, again- you have to try it! It’s a perfect treat for this time of year.
- 6 oz. white chocolate
- 3 TB salted butter (or use half butter, half coconut oil)
- 1½ TB half and half
- 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1-2 TB powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- With a double boiler, melt the white chocolate with the butter, coconut oil if using, and half and half.
- After it’s melted, add the lemon juice and zest.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge until firm enough to roll into balls, about 2 hours.
- With a melon baller scoop or tablespoon, scoop the truffle mixture into one inch balls.
- Roll balls into powdered sugar.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. (Depends on if you prefer them soft or firmer and how long you'd like them to last!)
Enjoy! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Merry Christmas! ♥