It’s almost GAME TIME!! Hope you are all having a fantastic Super Bowl Sunday! I might not be a huge football fan personally, but every year I watch the game nonetheless. My family loves football (well, my parents and grandparents…not so much my sisters) so we have a little gathering with lots of good food and laughs. It’s no surprise to me that my sister Serena just informed me that Super Bowl Sunday is the second day of the year where the most food is consumed in the US (next to Thanksgiving) — there are just too many good-lookin’ football food recipes out there!I know I am SO late in sharing, too late to be of any use to you today. But I figured these Baked Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers can be eaten at any time! I also realize that I never share savory food, but I like to mix it up and I thought you might enjoy this recipe. Hopefully you do! 🙂I made these along with Serena, who helped fill and wrap these tasty bites. The cheddar cream cheese middle along with a spicy jalapeno and crisp bacon…yummo. I personally don’t eat pork, so I made a few of these with turkey bacon as well, and they turned out great! So for you fellow non-pig-eaters out there, that’s a tasty option. 😉 Anyways, hope you like the recipe! If you’re interested in seeing a little behind-the-scenes action while we were making these, check out my mom’s snapchat: myhungrybites! 😛
- 15 fresh jalapenos
- 2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1 pound of thinly sliced bacon, cut into halves (you can also use turkey bacon!)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F and set a wire rack over a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Prepare cream cheese mixture by mixing together the cheeses and spices. Set aside.
- If desired, use latex gloves for the pepper prep! Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise. With a spoon or butter knife, remove the seeds and white veins (this is the heat; leave a little if you like it HOT). Smear the cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno half and then wrap with a half slice of bacon. Secure by sticking a toothpick through the middle. Place on the rack in the baking sheet.
- Bake until the bacon is sizzling and done, about an 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve immediately, or at room temperature! If preparing beforehand, cook and cover with foil. Once ready to serve, pop them in the broiler for a couple minutes until crispy and brown. Voila!
That’s the recipe! Hope you all like and have an AWESOME day filled with family, friends, amazing food, and lots and lots of laughs! Thanks for visiting my blog. ♥