I’ve got three awesome sisters, and me and two of them are total sweet-tooths! We practically live for anything chocolate and sugary. My one sis, Serena, isn’t a fan of dessert. Can you imagine? She doesn’t even like chocolate! (How is that even possible?!) But hey, she’s into fruits, so every year on her birthday, I whip up a killer fruit tart just for her. It’s got this soft and chewy sugar cookie crust, a creamy cream cheese filling, and a whole bunch of fruit on top. Trust me, it’s a no-fail crowd-pleaser!
Oh, and did I mention that fruit tarts aren’t just for sweet tooths? They work amazingly well as a sidekick to savory dishes too! They’re a match made in heaven with creamy seafood dishes like famous lobster rolls. Or, if you’ve had a doughy and bready meal like pizza, a fruit tart can be the perfect sweet ending.
Give our fantastic recipe a try below! You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and powdered sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture evenly into a greased tart pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cooled crust.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer. You can use strawberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, blackberries, or bananas. Enjoy!