Hey guys. It’s that time of the week again. This week’s topic from the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish is top ten book related problems I have. I was originally going to skip this week, as I had nothing prepared, but realizing I had a LOT of book-related problems, I thought it would be fun to quickly throw together this list and see what you guys came up with as well! Hope you can relate to some of these. 😉
Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
- I am a book polygamist. I never read only one book at a time. It’s bad. Unfortunately, I have a short attention span and get bored easily, so when one book isn’t cutting it I start another…and another…and another. Like right now, I am in the middle of 5 different books. *sigh*
- I move…a lot. I’ve moved four or so times in the past couple of years and pretty much the WORST thing to lug is books. I’ve tried and tried to switch to ebooks, but there is nothing like the feel of flipping actual pages and smelling a real book. So, yeah. Horrible book-moving it is.
- I’m a book hogger. I want to read everything, so I keep all of my to-be-read books on my nightstand (away from my sisters) even though I can’t possibly read 15 books at the same time. But what if I feel like reading one of them all of a sudden and it’s gone and I have to wait a month for someone to finish it? WHAT IF?!?
- I can never return a library book on time. I have no idea how much of my money has gone towards late fees, but I know it’s a LOT. I’m pretty sure the librarians either hate me, or really love me. *shrugs shoulders*
- I unintentionally never read a series in it’s proper order. I look at the back of the book and if it looks interesting I’ll get/buy/borrow it. Pretty normal, huh? Except for one crucial detail, for some reason I NEVER EVER check to see what if it’s part of a series, or if it is, what number it is in the series. *smacks forehead*
- I’m a terrible e-reader. I will buy kindle books and completely forget about them. As in, I’ve actually bought a physical copy of a book and later discovered I ALREADY HAD IT ON MY KINDLE. I frustrate myself to no end sometimes.
- I request way too many review copies. Because I can. And then I can’t keep up. One of my new year resolutions is to be pickier with my reading choices.
- I become too emotionally involved with fictional characters. I laugh and cry a lot while reading. My sisters think I’m weird. And don’t judge me, but I would like to marry Peeta, Four, one of the McKenna boys, Mr. Darcy, and Mr. Thornton. Yes, ALL of them.
- I have developed insomnia from reading. I am physically incapable of putting a good book down, which means late nights. And those late nights have turned into a terrible habit.
- I spend more time with books than real people. I have an addiction to reading, what can I say?
What about you? What are some book-related problems you have? Comment below–I’d love to hear your thoughts! 🙂
chelsea jacobs says
#8…I’m right there with you!
Gidget Girls Reading says
Oh My Gosh so glad that others are just like me. I could have written this list, especially the checking about a series and review books.
New blog follower!
*high five* Glad to meet another book addict like me! Who knew so many problems came with loving to read??
Thanks a bunch for following! I just followed your blog as well–love your reviews! 🙂
Oh man and I thought I was the only one who did number 4! Yay for not being alone on that one!
*high five* Yep, glad to hear I’m not the only one too! Seriously, though…is there any better way other than email for library reminders?? 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!