Lately, I’ve been trying to eat healthier and lose a couple pounds before I go on vacation (emphasis on the word “trying”). I’ve been experimenting a lot with smoothie recipes, and this Blueberry Oatmeal smoothie turned out to be one I’ll be having every morning it was so yum!
A lot of times when I have smoothies for breakfast they aren’t very filling and I get hungry again pretty quick. But this recipe (must’ve been the inclusion of yogurt, oats, and pecans) kept me full all morning! Plus I got the thumbs up from my sister, who said it tasted like blueberry pie. Yum. Check out this super easy, tasty, and fun recipe below. 🙂
Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothies
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw pecan pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add ice if you like colder, thicker smoothies or more almond milk if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!