‘Tis the season for Christmas cookies! Some of absolute favorites are these sugar cookies, classic chocolate chip cookies, eggnog cookies, chai spiced cookies, and cowgirl cookies. I am so excited to share a new favorite with you today… Shortbread Cookie Bites!It only took me one day to develop this recipe (love it when that happens) and it was an immediate hit with the fam. My sister Mia even asked me to make it again today, so as I’m typing this there is another batch in the oven. I ran out of butter, so I’m trying it with coconut oil*. Fingers crossed it works! *(added note: do NOT try this recipe with coconut oil…lol!) The beauty of these bites is that they are simple, festive, and melt-in-your-mouth good. It’s only a few ingredients, as are all the best shortbread. You can use whatever sprinkles you fancy, for any holiday. But they are my absolute favorite at Christmas time with the classic red and green sprinkles. I’m trying them today with green Christmas tree sprinkles mixed with red sugar! Have fun with it. Make them with your kids or siblings. These are so simple anyone can do it! Here is the super easy recipe below! If you try these, I really hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Happy holidays!
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3½ tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract OR ⅛ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ½ cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ tablespoon sprinkles of choice
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar, vanilla, and butter and pulse until combined. Place dough in bowl and knead with hands until it comes together into a ball. Add sprinkles and knead to combine.
- On parchment or waxed paper, roll dough into a ½”-thick square. Freeze 15 minutes.
- While dough is in freezer, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut dough into ½-inch squares. Place bites onto large cookie sheet about an inch away from each other (these do not spread) prepared with either parchment paper, silicon pad, or using a stoneware cookie pan.
- Bake until cookies are light brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Katherine Fleet says
Mmmm…Can’t wait to try these. They look amazing:)
Thanks so much, Katherine! I hope you enjoy. Merry Christmas!
Shortbread is one of my favorites although I don’t seem to make it often. Perhaps I should start by making this simple recipe. 🙂
It was cookie decorating (and some baking) day at my house, and all I can say is, thank goodness that’s a task done for now. 🙂
Same, Rissi! I just love shortbread, and developing this recipe was surprisingly the first time I’d ever made it.
Sounds so fun! Hope they turned out nicely! I love cookie decorating, but I’m not sure I’ll be doing it this season. It’s usually an activity I do with friends and no one is available this year!
Thanks so much for stopping by. I always appreciate it. 🙂
Jess @ Fairytales and Books says
You always have the best treats, Bekah! These look delicious. 🙂
New Bloglovin follower
Thanks, Jess! You’re the sweetest. 🙂
Just followed you on Bloglovin! Seriously, I love the new blog style and name you have going. Looks gorgeous!