Need a yummy recipe for Christmas morning? Try this Banana Crumb Coffee Cake!! My mom saw a similar recipe here and asked me to make something like it! I loved the idea, so I tweaked it with my own crumb cake recipe and created this yummy banana coffee cake. It has the perfect amount of sweet and the flavor of banana and spice combined with the textures of soft cake and crumb topping made this recipe a keeper for sure.
If you like banana bread and coffee cake you should definitely check out this recipe. 🙂 My family gave it a big thumbs up!
Plus it made the best breakfast along with my cinnamon coffee and a good book! I just started reading Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas. What are you reading?
- COFFEE CAKE:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup very ripe bananas, smashed
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup cold milk
- CRUMB FILLING:
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold salted butter, cubed
- ½ cup cold coconut oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp. milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg).
- In a large bowl mash bananas until they become very liquidy. Mix in softened butter until combined and stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla until mixed very well.
- Stir in half the milk, then half the flour and repeat until all is combined. Set aside while you make the crumb topping.
- To make the crumb topping, combine all the ingredients together cutting them together with a fork or pastry cutter until a pea sized crumbs form.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Then pour a third of the crumb mixture. Cover the crumb mixture with the remaining cake batter and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and sides are nicely browned. Cool for at least 20 minutes before glazing.
- For glaze, whisk powdered sugar and milk together and drizzle on top. Enjoy!
Thanks for visiting Will Bake for Books! Hope you are having an amazing day! ♥