Merry Christmas!! Today I am sharing my FAVORITE sugar cookie recipe EVER! It’s good for Christmas cookies and really any time of the year cookies. I have this huge box of cookie cutters for every season that my grandma got us. It’s so much fun to make all the shapes! My sisters and I had a BLAST decorating these cookies, but we did it late at night so I couldn’t take any pictures until the morning. Which is why they look a little squished. 😉
So, my sisters and I aren’t exactly the greatest at decorating cookies (hehe) but we did the best we could and had a lot of fun while we were at it! 😉 All the pretty ones you see were probably made by my sister Serena, though if my other two sisters saw that I said this they would most definitely disagree. Haha! Isn’t the angry gingerbread man super cute?! My mom took the picture below. ↓Anyways, hope ya’ll are having a super great Christmas week with lots of love and goodies. 🙂 What are some of your pre-Christmas plans?
The Best Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups 3 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 4-5 tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Food coloring optional
- Cream together butter and sugars until very smooth, at least 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and baking powder. Separate into four section and chill the dough in the fridge overnight preferably (or at least 4 hours).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper or on a surface sprinkled with a flour and powdered sugar mix. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on a prepared cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, prepare your frosting. Cream butter and sugar until very smooth. Once creamy, gradually add milk and vanilla until smooth. Add food coloring if desired.
- Wait until cookies are completely cooled, then frost and add whatever candy or sprinkle you’d like! Enjoy!