Happy Thursday! Today is the day I now associate with The Amazing Race…do any of you guys watch that show?! My sisters and I love it – it’s one of those few shows we watch all together, no matter what. And who doesn’t love a good snack on tv night?
Today’s recipe is inspired by our sister night…maybe next week I’ll share our kettle corn recipe, if anyone is interested! This Banana Milkshake has only 3 ingredients and is actually good for you. Bananas + almond milk + vanilla. That’s it. It’s creamy and feels indulgent, without actually being so!
I like to slice and freeze my bananas before making this milkshake. That way the texture becomes like ice cream! Then I blend the heck out of those bananas until it’s super creamy. Next I add the almond milk and vanilla extract. And if I’m feeling super fancy, I treat the glasses with my favorite chocolate (melted with coconut oil) and sprinkles.
Ok, let’s recap – this drink is…
What’s not to like?!
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- ⅓-2/3 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Handful of ice
- Optional Topping:
- 1 ounce chocolate (preferably dark)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. sprinkles
- Slice and freeze two bananas (or four if doubling) in a freezer bag, with no air in it. Wait about 2 hours, more if you can wait.
- Blend bananas in a blender until very creamy, with no chunks in it, about 40-60 seconds.
- Add almond milk (1/3 to ⅔ depending on how sweet/less sweet you want it), vanilla, and ice; blend again until creamy. Serve!
- Optional topping: Melt 1 ounce chocolate and coconut oil in microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. Dip glasses into a small bowl with melted chocolate, then in another small bowl with sprinkles. Refrigerate for five minutes, then you're ready to pour your drink. Enjoy!