Hey guys. It’s Tuesday, which means it’s time to gush over books, tv shows, movies…basically anything fangirl-worthy! This week’s topic made by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish was a freebie, so I thought I’d share my most-anticipated 2016 big-screen releases. The ones I’m dying to get to theaters so I can spend all my money on tickets, candy, and popcorn. 😛 This list is not in order of most-anticipated or anything — totally random. 🙂 Also, this doesn’t really count as top “ten”, but whatever. I really couldn’t knock it down to anything less. 😉 So anyways, here are my Top 2016 Movies I’ll Be Going to the Theaters to See!
- ALLEGIANT Trailer | IMDBAghhhh! I have a love/hate (but mostly hate…) relationship with the Allegiant book, but I can’t deny my love for this movie series!! Shailene is PERFECT as Tris Prior and omg…I don’t mean to sound like a teeny-bopper fangirl, but FOUR!!! *insert hearts here*
- THE 5TH WAVE Trailer | IMDBI literally JUST started this book two days ago, though it’s been on my shelf for months now. I’m not totally loving the story, but the writing is pretty amazing. My dad is taking my sister and I to see the movie tonight, so fingers crossed I can finish the book by then!
- PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES Trailer | IMDBI’m not sure if I should be totally wanting to see this, BUT I AM. Based on a parody novel by Seth Grahame-
Smith, you have to admit this will at least be interesting! I love anything Pride & Prejudice, and if it has a Darcy (it does) I am SO IN. I can overlook some zombies for that…no matter how much judgment I get from my disapproving sisters. 😀
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Trailer | IMDBI’m not UBER excited for this or anything, because I’m not sure how I feel about this whole Avengers-divided thing. I mean, didn’t we already go through something similar in Age of Ultron and Agents of SHIELD?? But, it’s Marvel. So I’ll be seeing some Captain A and Iron Man action very soon. 😉
- THE FINEST HOURS Trailer | IMDBSuper interested in this “based on a true story” movie! This is another book-to-screen adaption…hmm…I see a pattern?! Haha. Coast guard action and sweet young love story played by Chris Pine and Holliday Grainger. Yes, please.
- MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 2 Trailer | IMDBEEEEEEEKKK!! I am SOSOSOSO happy there is a sequel for the greatest, funniest, bestest (IMO) comedy movie of all time!!! I don’t even have the words to tell you how excited I am to see this one…can March be here, like, now?!
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Trailer | IMDBAgain, not so interested in the heroes/team divided story arc, but I have to see DC Comics upcoming movie! I really liked Man of Steel, and though I haven’t seen all the Batman movies (just the first) I’m interested to see how Ben Affleck fills the role. Plus, I admit — the trailer looks epic. We shall see, we shall see. 😉
- MIRACLES FROM HEAVEN Trailer | IMDBFrom the creators of Heaven is for Real comes another inspirational film about family and God and miracles from above. I think it releases around Easter, and I know my whole family and I will be wanting to check out this one for sure. And, lookie!!! Jennifer Garner and the cute guy who played Darcy in Bride & Prejudice!!
- THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER’S WAR Trailer | IMDBI enjoyed the first Huntsman movie (despite it’s darker-than-the-usual-fairytale outlook) and, though I’ll miss Kristen Stewart as Snow, I am very much looking forward to this Huntsman sequel/prequel. Plus I am a big fan of Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain, so those character additions are exciting.
- PASSENGERS Trailer | IMDBYou might think this is a funny addition to my list, since there are no pictures and basically no info on this movie, other than the fact that it is filming and will release Christmas 2016. BUT JENNIFER LAWRENCE AND CHRIS PRATT. *squeals* I am a die-hard fan of both actors, so this definitely tops the list of movies I’m anticipating!!! Plus, it’s a SCI-FI! Yay.
- JACK REACHER: NEVER GO BACK Trailer | IMDBI have such good memories of watching the first Jack Reacher movie with my grandpa and grandma. We kinda had to persuade my gramps into watching a LOT of movies, and this is the first one that he watched and actually said, “THAT was a good movie.” It makes me laugh, to think back on how many movies we convinced him and my gram to stay over and see. Looking forward to seeing this sequel, though I wish more than anything that I could watch it with my grandpa.
- THE LEGEND OF TARZAN Trailer | IMDBI’ve not seen the trailer for this (is it even out?? not sure) but I loved the animated Tarzan movies as a kid so this is a MUST. Any live-action adaptions of Disney movies are a must, really. Can’t wait!!
- INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE Trailer | IMDBI really have no clue, I mean NO IDEA, what this one is about. I know that this is a sequel (or remake) of an older movie of the same name, but other than that? Nada. All I know is that Liam Hemsworth is in it and it’s an action, so yeah. I’ll be watching. LOL.
- X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Trailer | IMDBOooo!!! Another Marvel movie to fangirl over! Have really been enjoying the more recent X-Men movies, though I didn’t really like the franchise in the past. But they definitely keep getting better and better! Plus I so want to see JLaw join the good side again. 🙂
- UNTITLED BOURNE SEQUEL Trailer | IMDBAnother “weird” addition from me, perhaps, but really. How could I NOT include an upcoming Bourne movie?! Especially when Matt Damon, the original Bourne, is a part of it!! I am beyond excited!!! These movies are some of my all-time faves.
- STAR TREK BEYOND Trailer | IMDBThis was a super last minute addition (like, I just made this image a second ago) but I couldn’t resist. The last Star Trek movie was so good and I know I’m going to like this one as well!
And, that’s a wrap! (finally) Thanks for wading through this [extra long] Top Ten Tuesday list with me!! Now, it’s YOUR turn! What are some of your most-anticipated 2016 movie releases? Which movies will you definitely be seeing in theaters? Do we have any in common? Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by Will Bake for Books! ♥