Happy weekend! As you may know, this weekend is special because tomorrow is MOTHER’S DAY! Such a beautiful holiday, even if a little “Hallmark-y”, as we like to call it in our household. My mom and grandma say every day is Mother’s Day for them, but I think it’s nice to just take a day and really, truly appreciate these special women in our lives. They are, after all, the reason we are here. 😉My mom is having brunch with my grandma tomorrow and then later my whole family is going out together. Since I’m pretty sure that between brunch and dinner Mom is not really going to be into dessert, I decided to make something small. Once you taste these Strawberry Coconut Creme Truffles, you won’t believe they are actually super healthy!! Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free and totally paleo friendly. My sister tasted one and likened it to a strawberry coconut ice pop/chocolate covered strawberry. It’s fresh, yet still decadent with the vegan chocolate. Not only that, but they are quick and easy to make!Honestly one of the simplest recipes I’ve made. If you like strawberry and coconut, you will love this candy. Because it had so few ingredients, the fresh flavors of fruit really shine through. And the chocolate!!! I used Enjoy Life vegan chips…you guys, they are to
die live for!You can store them in the freezer or fridge. In the freezer, it does taste similar to an ice pop. While in the fridge, it’s definitely softer and more melt-in-your-mouth. Either way is yummy, just depends on your preference!
Simple Strawberry Coconut Creme Truffles
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. almond milk
- Place a lined cookie sheet in the freezer.
- In a food processor, add the shredded coconut and coconut oil and mix together for about 5 minutes, or until very creamy and smooth. Add sliced strawberries along with the maple syrup and pulse until combined. Transfer the filling into a bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, spoon balls onto frozen cookie sheet. Place in freezer for 15 minutes while you prepare the chocolate.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips along with coconut oil and almond milk. Once melted, take off heat. Using two forks, roll frozen balls around in the chocolate until covered and place back on sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes. They should be ready to eat! Store in fridge or freezer. If storing in freezer, just take them out for at least 10 minutes prior to eating. Enjoy!