Since it’s been way too long since I’ve posted a recipe, I figured a day celebrating one of my favorite things ever was the perfect time to jump back in the game. These Brownie Pancakes. If you like chocolate + fluffy pancakes, you will LOVE this recipe. It’s soft, decadent, and with the chocolate ganache sauce – whoa, is it full of chocolatey melt-in-your-mouth flavor. It tastes like you’re having dessert for breakfast!! Sometimes we do actually have it for dessert, with the addition of some ice cream of course. 😉The key to making these pancakes extra delicious is having a good quality cocoa powder and chocolate chips. If you have good chocolate, you’ll have awesome pancakes. And just look at the texture of these pancakes! They have the fluffiness of a good cake with the gooey decadence of a brownie. The perfect way to start off your day! Recipe adapted from Bakerella. Sorry for all the pictures, but I really wanted you guys to see the texture and everything. Hope you enjoy this recipe…and Happy World Chocolate Day!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. salted butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips roughly chopped
- Powdered sugar for dusting
CHOCOLATE GANACHE SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. salted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sugar together. Add melted butter, vanilla, milk, and beaten egg and whisk until just combined. The batter should be lumpy. Gently stir in roughly chopped chocolate chips.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and lightly grease with butter. Using a ¼-cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto griddle. Cook until pancakes have bubbles on the top, then flip them over and cook for 1 minute. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve warm with powdered sugar and chocolate ganache sauce!
- For Chocolate Ganache Sauce: Heat heavy cream and butter in a small saucepan until just about to boil, stirring frequently so it doesn’t get a “film” on the top. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips in a small bowl. Let rest for a minute, then stir until completely combined. Drizzle over pancakes. Enjoy!