It’s Fri-YAY! Hope you guys are having an amazing day so far. 🙂 This is my favorite day of the week, where I spend time reading and catching up on my shows before I start all-out blogging, recipe developing, and writing on the weekend. What are your plans?Yesterday morning I made some Chocolate Granola! It’s gluten free, refined sugar free, can easily be vegan (if using maple or agave as sweetener and replacing egg white for chia egg) and totally yummy. I use this granola to top my yogurt, overnight oats, or snacking straight with milk! My little sister Mia even liked it, and she usually shies away from the “clean” treats. 😉There’s so many ways to enjoy granola. This recipe is totally customization-friendly! I threw in whatever fancied me that was in the pantry. I could’ve added a LOT more (we have tons of nuts, seeds, dried fruits, etc.) but I wanted to keep it simpler. This is an easy and fun snack! Comes together within 40 minutes and oh my, your kitchen will smell like a chocolate heaven while this is baking! Enjoy this recipe for homemade granola. 🙂
- 3 cups oats
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ tsp. pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp. chia seeds*
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup honey (maple syrup or agave nectar can be used as well)*
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg white, slightly beaten until foamy*
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, nuts, salt, chia, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
- Add honey, coconut oil, and egg white and mix again until fully combined.
- Spread out onto sheet pan lined with silicon or parchment. Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned. (Granola will still be soft right out of the oven, it hardens as it cools.) Leave out to cool for at least 10-15 minutes. Add a handful of chocolate chips. Transfer to airtight containers (I use three Ball glass jars). Will keep for up to a month at room temperature. Enjoy!
Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful weekend. ♥