Happy Tuesday! Last week I made this Lemon Lime Blueberry Loaf. I baked it the night before and then we ate it for breakfast the following day! It was quick to put together and really yum. You’ll enjoy it if you like citrus and blueberries! What makes it lemon lime? I used lemon juice and lime zest. I wanted to mix it up a bit and I love the flavor lime brings to desserts. Perfect for preparing the night before and serving to guests in the morning! 🙂 I enjoyed it with a tall glass of cold milk and a book.This recipe was adapted from AllRecipes. Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp. grated lime zest
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment (or hand mixer), beat together butter and sugar. Add juice and eggs and mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk. Fold in lime zest, nuts, and blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine lemon and lime juices and sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle loaf with glaze. Cool and serve right away or it lasts for up to 4 days at room temperature.
Thanks for visiting Will Bake for Books! ♥
Oh boy! You’ve combined LEMON and LIME in one delicious recipe!? As a girl who loves citrus in recipes (and lemon poppy seed is my favorite – most of the time – muffin), I’m in trouble. 😉 Thanks so much for sharing this, Bekah; I’ll have to snag some blueberries and try this one!
I love citrus too so I’m always trying different citrus-y recipes! (Some of them don’t make it on here because they were fails hehe.) Oo lemon poppy seed muffins are the BEST! *high five* Now that you mention it, I might just have to make some soon — they happen to be my dad’s fave as well. 🙂 Thanks so much for the sweet note, Rissi, I always appreciate it. 🙂
Melissa Weissman says
sounds delicious! I just picked up a 5 pound bag of limes at Costco today. I’ll be making this but need to know, did you use granulated or powdered sugar in the glaze?