Hey guys! Hope you had a wonderful day spent with loved ones this happy Valentine’s Day! Or, as my sisters and I like to call it — Galentine’s Day. Haha! My day was lovely. I started it with catching a movie at the theaters with my sister Natasha. We saw Hidden Figures and, wow. Just wow. What a fantastic film! I highly recommend. Besides how great the movie was, we got $2 tickets via T-Mobile Tuesdays (Something my uncle and his girlfriend told us about. Check out the app if you use T-Mobile – it’s awesome!) at Regal Cinemas, where we sat on recliner chairs and ate chocolate. Really, who needs a guy when you have chocolate? ♥
Afterwards, we dropped my little sister Mia off at rehearsals for the show Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with a whole bunch of cookies I made for Valentine’s Day. Natasha helped me decorate them yesterday night which is always fun! I used this recipe.
After dropping off Mia, we made our way to this adorable cafe and bakery where we ate as a family (minus Mia!) and I had this amazing Tortellini. For dessert, we tried some pistachio and donut gelato!! The donut gelato was something special, you guys. Think flavor explosion. I ended my day shopping at the mall with my two sisters, Natasha and Serena. We found some amazing deals at Forever 21 – I got this adorable cross-front white sweater. So basically, a pretty darn great day. 😉
But I didn’t want to end it without participating in this year’s Top Ten Tuesday, Valentine’s edition. Brought to us by the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish! I remember last year I missed it and was so sad about it, so even though it’s late I’m rushing to put together a love-themed list. While today’s theme was a Valentine’s Day freebie, I saw that one of the suggestions was “slow-burn romances” and had to go with that one. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty okay with insta-love. But the slow burn romances are the best! Without further ado, here are some of my favorites from books and tv.
Top Ten Favorite Slow-Burn Romances
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
- Rick and Michonne from The Walking Dead — If you follow me on Twitter, then it’s probably not much of a surprise to you that I chose this couple. I recently watched all seven seasons of this show and loved it. Richonne totally shook me, my jaw literally dropped when they finally became a thing after so many seasons. It was actually perfect.
- Sydney and Vaughn from Alias — Alias is to this day one of my favorite tv shows. I saw it when I was finishing high school and remember begging these two characters to finally be together. Well worth the wait.
- Brennan and Booth from Bones — It took seasons, but when it happened it happened. These two have an insane amount of chemistry.
- America and Prince Maxon from The Selection — It’s been a while since I’ve read this series. I still have to finish it. I do remember loving these two, and how much time the author was spending on their character development before getting to the romance.
- Elizabeth and Darcy from Pride & Prejudice — How can one make a list on slow-burn romances and not include the greatest fictional masterpiece ever?? ‘Nuff said.
- Celaena and Chaol from Throne of Glass — Now, I’ve only read the first two in the series. I’m guessing something happens that doesn’t make it a HEA (no spoilers, just a guess) but this couple gave me all the feels.
- Castle and Beckett from Castle — Another tv romance that took forever, but was SO. WORTH. IT. And the cutest couple ever award goes to…
- Luke and Lorelai from Gilmore Girls — I admit, I haven’t seen the entirety of this show. I watched it here and there, but it was enough to know that THESE TWO BELONGED TOGETHER. Wow, though. This may be the slowest burning relationship of all time.
- Lucas and Peyton from One Tree Hill — From the beginning, this couple was meant to be. I’m not quite sure why it took so many seasons for them to get married and have babies. Stiiillll cuuute thoooough! (If you get this reference, I love you.)
- Stiles and Lydia from Teen Wolf — I haven’t started watching the final season yet, but STYDIA. Do I really need to say anything more?!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you had an amazing Valentine’s Day and I’d love to hear how you spent it and what your favorite slow-burn romances are! Leave me a comment below. ♥