Happy Tuesday, ya’ll! This week’s topic is favorite heroines from books, movies, or tv. I have so many, but couldn’t decide on which category to choose from…so, here are a few from each. Narrowing down to ten was somewhat difficult, as I have a lot of fave heroines. 🙂
On a side, very random note, is anybody else as desperate for spring as I am?! This week has been horrifying in the Chicago area, with temperatures in the negatives. Don’t get me wrong, I love snuggling up in a blanket and reading a good book but a girl’s gotta have some sunshine and fresh air every once in a while without being scared of freezing to death. Dramatic, maybe. But it’s just so dang cold I think I’m going crazy. Anyways, hope you guys are having a fantastic (and warm) week so far!
Top Ten Favorite Heroines
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
- Tris Prior from the Divergent series and movie. Divergent was one of my favorite books (until I read Allegiant and that all changed…:/) because of Tris. She’s courageous, strong-willed, and insatiably curious. She makes a perfect dystopian heroine!
- Sydney Bristow from Alias. Who here remembers the awesomeness of Alias?! Sydney is the definition of a kick-butt heroine. Ahh! Now I wanna watch it again!
- Queen Mary of Scots from Reign. Mary is strong, fiercely loyal, and one heck of a teen queen.
- Elizabeth Swann from Pirates of the Caribbean. The pirates movies have been some of my favorites since my tween-hood. I love Elizabeth and her adventurous spirit.
- Felicity Smoak from Arrow. Oh, Felicity. Ever since your awkward first meeting with Oliver Queen, I adored you. This computer genius, adorable fashionista, and humor-filled heroine is perfect for the CW’s Arrow. Now all they have to do is make sure she ends up with Oliver.
- Erin Lindsay from Chicago PD. Erin is the funniest, bravest, cutest, and most badass woman cop on tv. I heart her.
- Elizabeth Keen from The Blacklist. Lizzie and Red. What a pair. I can’t wait to see where her storyline takes her on the show!
- Veronica Mars from Veronica Mars. Who can forget teen-sleuth Veronica Mars? She is probably one of the wittiest, sassy, and fun characters ever to hit the tv world. Love, love, LOVE Veronica Mars!
- Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice. There sure are a lot of Elizabeth’s on this list, huh?
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. It took me some time to really like this character, but after a while she really made her way into my heart. C’mon, she was willing to sacrifice herself for the people she loved. That’s the definition of courage.
Looking back on this list, I feel like I should call it ‘Top Ten Most Kick-Butt Heroines‘. Haha! Anyhoo, hope you enjoyed. Now it’s your turn. Who are your top favorite heroines from books, movies, and tv? Comment below!
What a fantabulous list, Bekah! Love many of these ladies…
Elizabeth Swann is awesome. Elizabeth Keen is indeed a great female lead. Veronica and Felicity are of course, favorites! 🙂 Then there is Tris. Who could forget her?! (Well, aside from me. ;D) I’ve not read the book, but she is awesome in the film. Plus, Shailene does a great job in the role. Ah, yes! Sydney. Love her too. She was one strong and tough female. Loved that show.
Thank you, Rissi! *high five* So happy to see you love these leading ladies too! So fun. 🙂
chelsea jacobs says
Seriously obsesssssed with Erin Lindsay!