Today I thought I’d share the movies I’m most excited to see in 2017. Some are predictable (ahem…just look at the featured image) and some are surprising choices for me. Whichever they are, the movies coming to the big screen this year are sure to include some big hits!
Before I begin my list, I’d like to invite you to share your top picks at the end of this post. I’ve included a poll where you can vote among my choices. I’d love to chat movies with you. 🙂
Links to the trailers on Youtube are in the title, if applicable!
Movies I Want to See in 2017
- Beauty & the Beast – *sigh* This is definitely my most anticipated 2017 film. Not only do I adore the originals fairytales, but Disney has a line of live-action remakes coming out. Cinderella did not disappoint, so I’m expecting big things! Plus, Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as the Beast?! YES!
- Justice League – While I still love Marvel, DC Comics has slowly but surely become my go-to for superhero flicks. As soon as I heard Justice League was coming out this year, I turned into a squealing fangirl. Basically the DC equivalent of Marvel’s Avengers. It’s gonna be epic.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – Just because I prefer DC does not mean I’m not excited for Marvel’s line of movies releasing this year. First on my list would be this one, because I am a huge Chris Pratt fan. Also, I am a huge Groot fan. 😉
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – Ahhhhh!!!! Another Pirates movie!!!!! Ahhhhhhh! I can’t even talk about this one, I am so thrilled for another continuation in the movie series that has been a favorite since I was 9 years old!
- Wonder Woman – Seeing Gal Gadot play Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman definitely made me excited to see her have more screen-time. AND ALSO CHRIS PINE IS IN IT.
- Power Rangers – The fact that I added this on my list might surprise you, because it definitely surprised me. If you had told me last year I would be dying to watch a Power Rangers movie, I would have thought you mentally unstable. But this trailer won me over. I admit, I wanna see this so bad.
- Pitch Perfect 3 – Omg, another Pitch Perfect movie?!?! YAY!! Can’t wait to see these actors return to these roles.
- Jumanji – Considering the original movie scared the heck out of me as a kid, this is another unusual addition for me. They really intrigued me with this all-star cast, though! I mean, who can resist a movie with The Rock, Nick Jonas, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, and Karen Gillan? Not I!
- The Fate of the Furious – I am quite suspicious of this new Fast and Furious movie. First of all, the fact that Paul Walker/Brian O’Conner will be missing makes me incredibly sad. Second, why are they messing with the family?! I already hate Charlize Theron’s character! Still, I’m going to give it a watch because I literally can’t resist these action flicks.
- The Emoji Movie – Considering I generally dislike animated movies (excluding the Disney princess ones, of course) this is another surprising add-on! I saw the trailer the other day while at the theaters for my sisters and it had me cracking up. The concept is ingenious!
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – I was (and still am, if I’m being honest) a little annoyed that they are once again remaking the Spider Man movies! How many different sets of movies are you gong to make for one hero?! And what was wrong with Andrew Garfield?! But this was another one where the trailer won me over. It was probably right around the time Iron Man showed up.
- A Dog’s Purpose – I saw the trailer at the theaters and actually cried. AT THE TRAILER. I can’t imagine the amount of tears I will be spilling at the whole movie, but I will definitely be watching to find out.
- The Space Between Us – Aw, this looks so freakin’ cute! I could’ve sworn this was a YA-to-screen first time I watched the trailer. I was shocked when I found out it wasn’t. I love Britt Robertson ever since the show Life Unexpected.
- Before I Fall – I haven’t read this wildly popular novel by Lauren Oliver yet, but this trailer looks epic. I’ll have to read it before this movie comes out!
- Life – I don’t really know much about this one, but I saw the trailer on my Twitter feed and am offically intrigued.
- Everything, Everything – OMG!!!! There is not a lot of info on this movie yet, but it’s a YA adaption!! I’ve been wanting to read this beautiful-looking novel forever! I definitely will before the movie releases. And guess what?! Nick Robinson plays the lead!
- Murder on the Orient Express – This story is hands down the BEST murder mystery I have ever read. I loved the older movie, but I can’t WAIT to see this new adaption. Johnny Depp, Daisy Ridley, and Penelope Cruz are some of the stars going to be in it!
Since I got a little lazy to continue finding movie stills and links, here are some honorable mentions. Logan, Thor: Ragnorak, Star Wars: Episode XIII, and The Case for Christ. All movies I hope to see in theaters as well!
Now, I’d love to know. How many of these movies are you excited to see as well?? Pick up to 10 in the poll below. Or if the movies you want to check out aren’t on this list, choose “other” and tell me which they are below in the comments!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Did you vote for your most anticipated films to release this year? Share below! ♥
Jess @ Fairytales and Books says
I can’t wait for Beauty and The Beast and Everything, Everything! They are making a Pitch Perfect 3?! I can’t wait for that one either. Great list, Bekah! 😊
High five, Jess!! Same, I am especially excited for those two. Have you read Everything, Everything? I really want to read it before the movie comes out! I love the cast already. 🙂
Thanks so much for the comment! 🙂
Helena @Book Nerd Addict says
Girl!! Beauty and The Beast ALL.THE.WAY!
Granted there are a lot of great movies coming out. But the only one that has my complete attention is BATB! I watched that movie as a kid countless times. It’s like a dream come true.
Great post, Bekah
Btw thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I truly appreciate, thank you xoxo
YAS! *high five* Beauty and the Beast is going to be epic, I just know it. 😉 Same with me! Belle was my favorite princess growing up, seeing as she was a reader and all. Besides that, it comes out right around the time of my birthday so it feels a bit like a present. 🙂
Thank YOU for coming by here, Helena! I just love your blog so much, your reviews are awesome!
BATB is my MOST anticpiated film of 2017… which is kind of a no-brainer for me. 😉
That said, I’m excited about many of these. Including “Wonder Woman,” “Justice League” and ‘Guardians’; ‘Furious’ and even “Power Rangers”! So many good ones – plus there’s more “Pitch Perfect” (SUCH FUN CHICK FLICK! Oh, and I’m also wanting to see Anna’s “Table 19”) and of course, the one and only Pirates series! 🙂
YES! I am ecstatic for BATB…I loved Cinderella and from the trailers I know it’ll be just as perfect. Loved getting all the movie news updates from your wonderful blog. 😉
Oh, yeah! I saw the trailer for Table 19 and that looks like it could be really funny and quirky and cute (a great combination). Pirates is definitely going to be one of those movies I’ll see opening night…I think Jack Sparrow was my very first fictional crush. 😉 LOL!
Barry Allen says
Jumanji and Pirates of the Caribbean are the two movies that are really worth to watch from 2017.