It’s that time of the week again…Happy Tuesday! Today’s topic made by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish got me super excited. I mean, who doesn’t want a chance to chat about your favorite reads?? Especially since recently I’ve read more 5-star reads than I have in a long time. I’m serious — I have read such fantastic books lately that I love and adore and want to shout about them from the rooftops! Ok, maybe that’s too far…but I am just so excited to both re-share and introduce books that I forgot to share on my blog. Before you scroll down, I wanted to mention that you can click the cover to head to it’s Amazon page. Here is Top Ten Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads!
1. I’ll Be Yours by Jenny B. Jones – “You know, sometimes there will be books you come across that manage to make you both laugh hysterically at moments so funny you wonder if it’s real, tear up with empathy for characters you can’t help but adore, and overall cause your heart to swell with just so many FEELS. Jenny B. Jones manages to give us a story that does all that and more with each her books, and I’ll Be Yours is no exception!” Read my full review here.
2. Siren’s Song by Mary Weber – “This achingly beautiful, reverently hopeful, and downright stunning finale to a gorgeous trilogy had me both sniffling and laughing. A story of hope, love, and fighting for what is right despite impossible odds.” Read my full review here.
3. The End of the World by Amy Matayo – “Emotionally harrowing, yet somehow genuinely uplifting — The End of the World is the best I’ve read in a very long time. It even makes my all-time favorite list. This story of how two broken kids fell into a friendship and love so genuinely beautiful — it’s one that will stay with me.” Read my full review here.
4. Holding Court by K.C. Held – “This book had everything I look for in a young adult contemporary. Witty and charming characters, crazy funny dialogue, easy writing style, a story that makes you read through the night, and did I mention lots of laughs?!” Read full review here.
5. Shades of Doon by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon – “If you enjoy fantasy, adventure, retellings, or just the YA genre in general- you should definitely be checking out the Doon series. There’s a good reason it has an ever-growing fan base! Action, suspense, magic, adventure, romance, heartbreak…all this and more waits for you in Shades of Doon!” Full review here.
6. When by Victoria Laurie – My little sister bought me this YA for Christmas, and I literally read it start to finish on Christmas Day I loved it so much! I never wrote a review *facepalm* but hands down would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the YA genre! So. Darn. Good!!!!!!
7. The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes – Never posted my review for this one, but here is a snippet, “The romance between Hallie and Jonah was light and sweet and held a good message about the power of forgiveness. All in all I thought it was such an inspiring tale of a girl who finds herself in the midst of a terrible situation. And the fact is, the only people really holding us back from living our lives is ourselves.” Full review coming soon!
8. Falling Like Snowflakes by Denise Hunter – “Author Denise Hunter is a gift to her readers- I fell in love with this story of living your life and the kind of amazing love that can bring two people together despite awful circumstances. I can’t even tell you how many times I laughed from the funny, witty dialogue between characters and how I teared up at the sadder, more suspenseful parts. It was a beautiful romance, so sweet and memorable. And it came at the perfect timing, while I was sitting on my cozy chair beside my bedroom window, watching the snow fall. I adored it. 5 stars yet again to another successful romance novel from this very talented author!”
9. Waves of Summer by Tammy L. Gray – Another 5 star read I never blogged about, but here’s my mini review for this perfect novella. “So. Much. CUTENESS!!! I can’t even stop smiling from this heartwarming summer romance novella. Characters = perfect. Setting = perfect. Story = perfect. Writing = perfect. Sydney + Jacob = PERFECT!! Excuse me while I go stalk the author’s profile and read all her books because all I know is that I need more.”
10. Christmas with the Colburns by Keely Brooke Keith – I totally forgot to blog about this delightful Christmas novella! If you’ve never heard about The Uncharted Series, definitely check it out. Keely is an absolute gift to her readers. Here’s a little snippet from my review of the series, “With characters that were authentic and true souls, a meaningful message, adventure and action, romance and imagination — this series is for you if you enjoy intriguing suspenseful romances and stories that are a break from the norm.”
THANKS for visiting Will Bake for Books! You guys are amazing for reading. What are some recent 5 star books that you’ve read recently? Leave a comment below.
OMG! I can’t believe I’ve only read two of these. I have to read these all! Siren’s Song is definitely the next book I’m reading. And your welcome for getting you the best book ever. (When) LOVE YOU!!!!
You *definitely* have to read Siren’s Song ASAP. 🙂
Bought the Doon series not too long ago on Kindle because they caught my eye, but haven’t read them yet. Reading your review makes me want to move them up the TBR list… 🙂 Great list! I’ll have to check out some of the others.
Oh, I wish I could read the Doon series for the first time with you! They are such wonderful books. 🙂 Thanks so much, Marie, for stopping by!
Ahhh! So many good ones! Tammy’s, Jenny’s, Carey and Lorie’s, Denise’s, Amy’s and *happy sigh* on the list goes! So glad you liked all of these; five stars indeed! Cannot wait to read more by all of the authors I mention – and I’m intrigued by Katheryn’s too! That’s a new name to me. 🙂
Right?! This year so far has been filled with such lovely reads. Oh, Kathryn’s book is such a good one. If you read it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. About to go check out your TTT. Thanks for the lovely comment. 🙂
Lianne @ eclectictales.com says
I haven’t heard of any of these books but I love the cover for The Distance Between lost and Found, it looks interesting 🙂 Great list!
Isn’t it pretty?! It was a great book, but I have to admit the reason I picked it up was because of that gorgeous cover. 😉 Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Lianne! Headed over to yours now. 🙂