Happy Tuesday! It is officially 2017 and it’s simply unbelievable to me. I know I and so many others say this, but it’s completely true. Time really does fly. This past year has held both many obstacles and many blessings. I guess such is life.
Before I start writing an emotional haiku or something, on to the topic at hand. The girls over at The Broke and the Bookish picked a perfect topic for this week, “Top Ten 2017 Debuts I’m Excited For.” I switched it to “releases” because I wasn’t sure if I could come up with ten debut reads. Then of course I had the opposite problem of narrowing it down! This year promises to be an exciting one for the bookish community. So many gorgeous-looking reads are releasing! Of course, that’s most likely what I said in reference to last year’s new releases. What can I say? I get ridiculously excited about books. 😉
Top Ten 2017 Releases I’m Excited For
by The Broke and the Bookish
1. The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber || I adore Mary Weber’s Storm Siren Trilogy, so naturally I’m ecstatic for her new book! It’s YA and sci-fi. Ahhhh! Goodreads
2. True to You by Becky Wade || I am a sucker for a good contemporary romance and Becky Wade is an expert in that department. Plus, that cover. Insert heart eyes here. Goodreads
3. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth || Whenever I see this book on my social media, I literally squeal a little. The Divergent series is among my all-time faves and it feels like I’ve been waiting forever for Roth’s next series! Goodreads
4. The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles || The cover intrigues me. The synopsis intrigues. Everything about this book intrigues me. I don’t know if I’ll like this fantasy YA, but I’m sure going to find out. Goodreads
5. Jane of Austin by Hillary Manton Lodge || I keep seeing this title on fellow blogger’s sites and I’ve been dying to get my hands on it. I mean, c’mon. Jane of Austin?! The author knew what she was doing when she chose the name. Goodreads
6. With You Always by Jody Hedlund || Hedlund is a favorite author. And I love historical fiction. ‘Nuff said. Goodreads
7. Still Life by Dani Pettrey || The first in this series (Cold Shot) was so amazing and I can’t wait for this continuation. Pettrey does suspense flawlessly. Goodreads
8. Hunted by Meagan Spooner || I love fairytales. Books, movies, whatever. If it’s fairytale esque I will check it out. This one’s a Beauty and the Beast retelling. Heck yes! Goodreads
9. Because You’re Mine by Colleen Coble || Oh my goodness gracious, this cover is gorgeous. Plus I love Colleen Coble. Been reading her books for years! Goodreads
10. For Love and Honor by Jody Hedlund || Ahhhh! This series is phenomenal. Can’t wait for the third. Just realized I have two of her releases on this list! Goodreads
Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Are any of these books on your TBR? What are your most anticipated 2017 reads? ♥
Jess @ Fairytales and Books says
A Beauty and The Beast retelling am there! What a pretty cover as well. And the cover for Because You’re Mine is stunning. Great picks, Bekah! 🙂
Yes!! I love fairytale retellings and Beauty and the Beast is among my favorites. Are you excited for the movie coming out in March? I think Emma Watson was perfectly cast as Belle, so I’m very hopeful it’ll be as good as I thought the Cinderella remake was.
Thanks so much for stopping by, Jess!
Becky’s new book is gorgeous! That cover is just so beautiful!!
I’m also excited about Hillary Manton Lodge’s, as you well know! I hope you read it and her Two Blue Doors series this year. I think you’d really enjoy them!
Wow, sorry it took so long for me to reply to this! For some reason, I thought I already had. *facepalm*
Yes, this is the year I read that series! After all the buzz from you and Rissi, I know I can’t miss it. I have the first book, it’s just a matter of moving it up my TBR list. 🙂 From everything you guys have said, I know I’ll love it!
Thanks so much for coming by, Cassie. You’re the best!
Mary’s! Becky’s! Jody’s! Hillary’s! Dani’s! SO MANY good books are coming to our shelves this year. Cannot wait to discover what lies inside these elegant, interesting and beautiful covers. Knowing the skill of these authors as we do, I’m betting it will all be amazing. 🙂
Yay to all these lovely authors and their lovely novels! Aren’t there just so many beauties coming out?! Same, girl. Couldn’t have said it any better. 🙂
Have you had the chance to read any of these yet? (:
I have Carve the Mark on my bookshelf and it’s sooo pretty <3__<3
I read a bit of Hunted and it was really interesting, but I wasn't sure whether I should buy it or not.
I couldn't really get into The Edge of Everything, unfortunately.
Honestly, I’ve only read three of them so far, with two more on my nightstand as we speak. *facepalm* Yaaaaasss, girl. Carve the Mark IS gorgeous. I won a signed copy and sometimes I just look at it…unfortunately I haven’t read it yet.
Hunted is one of those that kind of fell off my radar! *logs into Amazon and checks price*
Hmm, that’s interesting to hear. The Edge of Everything was one of those I wasn’t completely sure about, but it’s just. so. pretty. Ha! Another one I haven’t gotten to yet. (Story of my life.)